I earned my Bachelor of Science degree in Food and Nutritional Sciences from Seattle Pacific University. During that time I also worked on a minor in Women’s Studies, focusing on the portrayal of women in the media and the historical role of women in Western society, and how those ideals and expectations affect women’s body image and self-esteem today. I completed my Dietetic Internship through the University of Washington’s School of Health Sciences, and spent my emphasis rotation working with the Adolescent Medicine team at Seattle Children’s Hospital. Following this internship, I became a nationally recognized Registered Dietitian and a Washington State licensed Certified Dietitian.
Throughout my schooling and professional experience, I have worked in clinical and community based nutrition settings. Along the way, I discovered a passion for nutrition counseling. Inspired by the opportunity to come alongside individuals through their personal struggles with food and health, I enjoy the chance to work within a client’s comfort levels to provide nutrition guidance and information. Every step taken, no matter how big or small, can have a lasting and meaningful impact on a person’s health.
- Executive Board Member and Treasurer, IAEDP- Puget Sound Chapter
- Board Member, Seattle Pacific University Dietetics Program Advisory Board
- Academy of Eating Disorders (AED)
- National Eating Disorder Association (NEDA)
- International Association of Eating Disorder Professionals (IAEDP)
Relevant Work History
- Registered Dietitian, Seattle Pacific University Student Counseling Center
- Center for Discovery and Adolescent Change- Residential eating disorder treatment facility
- Swedish Medical Center- Outpatient nutrition education and inpatient intensive care unit